Saturday, April 13, 2019

Jonas Brothers (3) - April 13, 2019


What's up? This was a pretty lively week with a lot of movement and several exits. I'm more for this week that against. Anyway, I hope you all had a fantastic week. I sure did. Let's kick off with our exits.

  • Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#45)
  • Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#44)
  • Madison Beer - Hurts Like Hell (#41)
  • LSD/Lil Wayne - Genius (#40)
  • Meghan Trainor - All the Ways (#39)
Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers - Sucker
The Countdown
45. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#43)
44. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#42) [1 Week at #1]
43. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#20)
42. Maren Morris - GIRL (#35)
41. Cardi B/Bruno Mars - Please Me (#38)
40. Fletcher - Undrunk (DEBUT)
39. Grandson - Apologize (#31)
38. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#37)
37. 5 Seconds of Summer - Youngblood (#33) [5 Weeks at #1]
36. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#28)
35. Jake Miller - Wait For You (#26)
34. Kelsea Ballerini - Miss Me More (#25)
33. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#14)
32. Marshmello/CHRVCHES - Here With Me (DEBUT) (!!!!!!!)
31. Ciara - Thinkin Bout You (DEBUT)
30. Austin Brown - In Betweenin' (#22)
29. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting (#29)
28. Avril Lavigne/Nicki Minaj - Dumb Blonde (DEBUT)
27. Lizzo - Juice (#34)
26. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#12)
25. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (DEBUT) (Not an error)
24. Yungblud/Halsey/Travis Barker - 11 Minutes (#27)
23. Post Malone - Wow. (#36)
22. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#23)
21. Ally Brooke - Low Key (#32)
20. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#19)
19. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (#30)
18. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#15)
17. Khalid - Better (#24)
16. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#8)
15. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#11)
14. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#17)
13. Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired... (#16)
12. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#21)
11. Sam Smith/Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (#18)
10. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#13) [8 Weeks at #1]
9. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#7) [7 Weeks at #1]
8. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#4)
7. Ellie Goulding x Diplo - Close to Me (#9)
6. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#10) [2 Weeks at #1]
5. Halsey - Without Me (#6) [5 Weeks at #1]
4. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer - Who Do You Love (#3)
3. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#2)
2. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#5) [3 Weeks at #1]
1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#1) [3rd Week at #1]

#1 Song on the Weekend Countdown 1 Year Ago: Zedd & Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

Biggest DROP!!!... of the Week: Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (-23)

Biggest Jump of the Week: Post Malone - Wow. (+13)

New Entrants
  • Let's start off with our worst debut but also the highest. This is another song from Ariana Grande titled Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored. Now I haven't been liking her recent music much. This one is a bit different. Her vocals appeal a bit more to me in this and the production is better in general. There's also some sort of groove that I like. An improvement from most of Ariana's recent music but it isn't good. Still sorta meh but this might be a grower, who knows?
    • Overall Rating: 4.5/10
  • Next up is Avril Lavigne who you might know for the recently departed Tell Me It's Over, which I consider her best song yet. She collaborates with Nicki Minaj on Dumb Blonde which based on reviews I noticed is a female empowerment anthem. I honestly used to hate this because of the vocals in the chorus and I still don't really like those to this day. I have grown on the song itself. Avril does great and Nicki does fine with her parts. I'm not the biggest fan of that production but I feel like the song itself is pretty good. I can see this becoming a hit.
    • Overall Rating: 8/10
  • We have returning Ciara with her song Thinkin Bout You. Fun fact, it only took two weeks for both of our HitBound debuts from March 30, 2019 to be on the countdown simultaneously. I used to not be a fan of Ciara at all. However here she shows some serious vocal talent. The guitar (I believe that is?) is a good addition and mixes very well with her voice. Overall, this is one of her much better songs that I can see getting somewhere on the countdown.
    • Overall Rating: 8.5/10
  • Our fourth debut of the week comes from Fletcher as the lowest debut of the week at #40. This song is called Undrunk. I don't know about you but I love this. The vocals are great and the background production is mesmerizing. I really want this to become a hit because I can't remember the last time Fletcher had a hit or if she even had one at all. Fletcher needs a hit because her last one either didn't exist or was quite a while ago. It's about time our countdown gets better music like this.
    • Overall Rating: 9.5/10
  • The fifth and final debut this week is a new song that just might be one of the best songs of the year. This is Here With Me by Marshmello featuring band CHVRCHES. I don't know what to say about this. This is such a great song and from the pit he took with songs like Happier, I thought he would never make a real comeback. I was wrong. This is honestly such a great song that I don't know if words can't describe it but I guess I'll try. Lauren's vocals are great as nearly anything CHVRCHES has been a part of. Marshmello improved a lot and the drop is much better to listen to. And this comes from someone who thinks Marshmello has taken the generic road like Zedd which is visible in songs such as Happier, Everyday, and Project Dreams, the latter two of which are only good because of the featured artists.
    • Overall Rating: 10/10
Debut Ranking:
5. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored
4. Avril Lavigne/Nicki Minaj - Dumb Blonde
3. Ciara - Thinkin Bout You
2. Fletcher - Undrunk
1. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me

HitBound
Here is the HitBound list for this week:


  • Lil Nas X/Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (DEBUT)
  • Billie Eilish - Bury A Friend
  • NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close
  • BTS/Halsey - Boy With Luv (DEBUT)
  • lovelytheband - Maybe, I’m Afraid
  • MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less
  • Ava Max - So Am I
  • Jonas Brothers - Cool
  • Panic! At The Disco - Dancing’s Not A Crime
  • Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other (DEBUT)
  • Kygo/Valerie Broussard - Think About You
  • Jordan McGraw - Flexible
  • Jennifer Lopez/French Montana - Medicine (DEBUT)
  • Louis Tomlinson - Two Of Us
  • Chainsmokers - Kills You Slowly (DEBUT) (Get over here and fight me!)

Top 5 HitBound Picks

1. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime

2. Kygo/Valerie Broussard - Think About You

3. Chainsmokers - Kills You Slowly
4. NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close
5. Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other

'Cause I Need Blurbs Here With Me

  • Sucker is still going strong in many radio stations including here so it's no surprise that it will be here for a while. I still like this song so I have no problem though I may be out of it in a few months time. Also I was reading Billboard news and according to them, the Jonas Brothers stole this song's production from Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still. I don't believe the rumors but let me know what you think.
  • Somehow High Hopes entered the Top 10 yet again. Don't get me wrong, this song is still amazing. However it's been here for quite a while and has had a long while of AirPlay. Plus with their Pray for the Wicked tour at an end this and the other tracks may start falling and I'm worried that Dancing's Not A Crime actually won't debut.
  • I'm So Tired... is slowly rising up. Can we not let this happen? I can tolerate it right now but it isn't going to stick for long. I know Troye has done so much better in the past and this isn't it. Hopefully this takes a decline this month or the next because it isn't the best thing on this radio.
  • All three of our debuts from last week seem to be doing well. As you all may know I think most of Fifth Harmony is crap so Low Key doesn't even deserve to be here. Juice I have learned to somewhat tolerate though that won't be the case for very long. I am extremely excited about Last Hurrah as it is one of Bebe Rexha's best songs and because Hits 1 has grown to become a Bebe Rexha stan since songs like Hey Mama, I can see this becoming a success here like its predecessor.
  • Tequila took quite a drop from the Top 20 this week. Hopefully this doesn't mark the end because I loved this song and I am still sticking with it to this day. However, Speechless has risen to take its spot though this isn't as promising because Tequila is the superior song though only by centimeters.
  • Eastside and Miss Me More took tumbles out of the Top 30 especially the former. It's not strange because I wasn't hearing them much in the car though what is strange is the size of the drops. Hopefully Benny Blanco won't be a one-hit wonder here. If so, guilty pleasure incoming, I would actually like Roses to get here though it most likely won't. It still can though because Brendon Urie happened.
  • Sunflower took a huge roll straight out of the Top 20 and into the Bottom 5. Honestly I feel like this is another guilty pleasure for me. This song is actually very good and a better song from Post Malone. Please don't leave yet. However once again, Wow. replaced this song but is behind a bit and will probably become a name here.
  • As far as the exits go, good riddance to The Way I Am. I thought it was mediocre at first and then I lost it very quickly so it's great to see it gone. I'm A Mess lasted a bit longer than I thought it would so it's nice to see it gone though it is still decent to me. Last Hurrah shall carry on. Hurts Like Hell is kind of one of those songs that are just there for me. I never really hated or liked it. But I hate to see Genius and All the Ways gone. The former is literally the only time LSD had a good song and it deserved much better than Thunderclouds, Mountains, etc. The latter is an improvement from most of Meghan's music so it's sad to see it gone so early.
Top 20 Review
0 - Crap (Total: 0)
20. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
19. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
18. Halsey - Without Me

1 - Bad (Total: 0)
NONE

2 - Mediocre (Total: 2)
17. Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired...

3 - Decent (Total: 3)
16. Ellie Goulding x Diplo - Close to Me

4 - Good (Total: 25)
15. Khalid - Better
14. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
13. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
12. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
11. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly

5 - Great (Total: 45)
10. Dan + Shay - Speechless
9. Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer - Who Do You Love
8. Sam Smith/Normani - Dancing With A Stranger
7. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow
6. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
5. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho
4. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
3. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah
2. Dean Lewis - Be Alright

BONUS: 6 - Best Song on the Countdown (Total: 6)
1. Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling

Total: 0 + 0 + 2 + 3 + 25 + 45 + 6 = 81 (A-)
Comment: A few songs are bringing it down so this can be improved a bit. Still good though.

Most Missed Countdown Song: OneRepublic - Counting Stars (Anyone even remember this?)

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Benny Blanco/Juice WRLD/Brendon Urie - Roses

Top 5 This Week
TIE: 1. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
TIE: 1. Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
3. Dean Lewis - Be Alright
4. Fletcher - Undrunk
5. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah

No comments:

Post a Comment