Saturday, April 20, 2019

Jonas Brothers (4) - April 20, 2019

Why hello there, viewers! Today was a bit of an inactive week because we had only one exit but decently sized moves. If you haven't seen already, I recommend you go check out my two previous posts over songs from these days and my favorites from Panic!. Also, I have moved my page list to the top of the sidebar instead of the cross-column bar. You may have noticed that I did rework the color code. I have also decided to join Crownnote where I make my personal charts. Overall though, pretty inactive week. Here is the lone song we are saying goodbye to:

  • Grandson - Apologize (#39)
Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers - Sucker

45. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#44) [1 Week at #1]

44. Khalid ft. Normani - Love Lies (#45)
43. Maren Morris - GIRL (#42)
42. Post Malone ft. Swae Lee - Sunflower (#43)
41. 5 Seconds of Summer - Youngblood (#37) [5 Weeks at #1]
40. Cardi B & Bruno Mars - Please Me (#41)
39. Kelsea Ballerini - Miss Me More (#34)
38. Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (DEBUT)
37. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#38)
36. FLETCHER - Undrunk (#40)
35. Benny Blanco ft. Halsey & Khalid - Eastside (#33)
34. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#36)
33. Austin Brown - In Betweenin’ (#30)
32. Ciara - Thinkin Bout You (#31)
31. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#20) (Yeah. Say what you want but yeah.)
30. Jake Miller - Wait For You (#35)
29. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#15)
28. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#26)
27. Post Malone - Wow. (#23)
26. Yungblud ft. Halsey & Travis Barker - 11 Minutes (#24)
25. Ally Brooke - Low Key (#21)
24. Marshmello ft. CHVRCHES - Here With Me (#32)
23. Lizzo - Juice (#27)
22. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#18)
21. Khalid - Better (#17)
20. Avril Lavigne ft. Nicki Minaj - Dumb Blonde (#28)
19. Lil Peep ft. iLoveMakonnen & Fall Out Boy - I’ve Been Waiting (#29)
18. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#14)
17. Lauv ft. Troye Sivan - I’m So Tired (#13)
16. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#22)
15. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I’m Bored (#25)
14. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#16)
13. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#8)
12. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (#19)
11. Marshmello ft. Bastille - Happier (#6) [2 Weeks at #1]
10. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close to Me (#7)
9. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#12)
8. Sam Smith ft. Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (#11)
7. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#10) [8 Weeks at #1]
6. Chainsmokers ft. Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#9) [7 Weeks at #1]
5. Halsey - Without Me (#5) [5 Weeks at #1]
4. Chainsmokers ft. 5 Seconds of Summer - Who Do You Love (#4)
3. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#2) [3 Weeks at #1]
2. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#3)
1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#1) [4th Week at #1]

Biggest Jump of the Week: Tie Between Lil Peep ft. iLoveMakonnen & Fall Out Boy - I’ve Been Waiting + Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I’m Bored (+10)

Biggest DROP!!!... of the Week: Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (-14)

New Entrants
  • Our lone entry comes from none other than Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus with a rerelease of Old Town Road. I can understand why one wouldn't like this song but personally I am a fan. I like the production and even with the trap parts, I kinda like the country incorporation. Billy Ray Cyrus did a pretty good job with the chorus and I think the inclusion of Lil Nas X was very good. Overall, I don't see it becoming a huge hit on the countdown just because but this is a good song that should at least do something (inb4 leaves next week).
  • Overall Rating: 9/10


HitBound
Here is the HitBound list for this week.
  • Jennifer Lopez ft. French Montana - Medicine
  • Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other
  • Kygo ft. Valerie Broussard - Think About You
  • Jordan McGraw - Flexible
  • Chainsmokers - Kills You Slowly
  • Jonas Brothers - Cool
  • The Weeknd x Travis Scott x SZA - Power Is Power (DEBUT)
  • Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime
  • MAX ft. Quinn XCII - Love Me Less
  • Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (DEBUT)
  • Louis Tomlinson - Two Of Us
  • Ava Max - So Am I
  • BTS ft. Halsey - Boy With Luv
  • lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid
  • Bazzi - Paradise (DEBUT)
Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. The Weeknd x Travis Scott x SZA - Power Is Power
2. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime
3. Kygo ft. Valerie Broussard - Think About You
4. Chainsmokers - Kills You Slowly
5. Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other

Old Town Blurb
  • Speechless and Dancing With A Stranger have entered the Top 10. I am quite happy about both and extra happy about which songs they replaced. Let Me Down Slowly is still someting I am losing interest in and Happier is just generic garbage. Hopefully it starts going on a decline.
  • Walk Me Home and Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored made some expected jumps into the Top 20. I lost a bit of interest in the former and the latter I don't really care much about it. Ariana is going downhill quickly so I don't really like Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored but it's fine that it's here for now.
  • However, I am very happy that I've Been Waiting jumped up into the Top 20. I am a big fan of this song and I think the three collaborators may score a goal with this song on the radio. Fun fact: I was not a fan at all before and look now. My biggest guilty pleasure of the year so far.
  • Here With Me jumped to #24 on its second week. I'm quite pleased about this and I can see it becoming a big hit in the future. I'm very proud of CHVRCHES for finally getting themselves what looks like a mainstream hit as I saw it on Billboard Hot 100 a few weeks ago.
  • 7 Rings took a big drop. This song is so grating that I am actually very happy about it. It almost soulds like Ariana is whispering in the chorus because I was playing it at volume 6/25 which is decent for my laptop and I barely heard the chorus. The lyrics are horrible too; it's her bragging about her money and belongings and all the other crap she has. Overall this is putrid and a huge disgrace to the pop genre, please let it leave.
  • Not so happy about Chlorine taking a tumble though. I actually like this song quite a bit and I'm not happy to see it didn't even take a spot in the Top 10 yet (at least I don't think it did). If they come back, I wish they would turn back more to songs like Stressed Out and Ride.
  • As far as our lone exit goes, I'm not very happy about Apologize leaving. I like the production and vibe as well as the rock feeling that Grandson's vocals put out. If you haven't already, you should hear some of his other songs including Blood/Water which I absolutely love. I will say my condolences for Apologize; goodbye, we will miss you. Grandson shall come back with a real hit.
  • Something I find strange is that they removed six songs from the voting poll and added three. Then on the real week we got two HitBound debuts and one exit. Maybe they were preemptively removing the songs so we could expect a big week soon. After all, So Close and Bury A Friend left HitBound but played quite a lot, maybe they are trying to pull another March 16-23 on us where songs that exited HitBound in one week debut the countdown on the next week.
Top 20 Review
0 - Crap (Total: 0)
20. Marshmello ft. Bastille - Happier
19. Halsey - Without me

1 - Bad (Total: 0)
NONE

2 - Mediocre (Total: 2)
18. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored

3 - Decent (Total: 9)
17. Lauv ft. Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired
16. Ellie Goulding & Diplo - Close to Me
15. P!nk - Walk Me Home

4 - Good (Total: 16)
14. Avril Lavigne ft. Nicki Minaj - Dumb Blonde
13. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly
12. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
11. Chainsmokers ft. 5 Seconds of Summer - Who Do You Love (3 Weeks in Top)

5 - Great (Total: 45)
10. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
9. Dan + Shay - Speechless
8. Lil Peep ft. iLoveMakonnen & Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting
7. Sam Smith ft. Normani - Dancing With A Stranger
6. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (3 Weeks in Top)
5. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow
4. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (1 Week in Top)
3. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (2nd Week in Top)
2. Chainsmokers ft. Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (2nd Week in Top)

BONUS: 6 - Best Song on the Countdown (Total: 6)
1. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (2nd Week in Top)

Total: 0 + 0 + 2 + 9 + 16 + 45 + 6 = 78 (B+)
Comment: This is about the average for every week so far. Pretty good but still improvable.

Most Missed Countdown Song: 5 Seconds of Summer - Hey Everybody!

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc - SOS

Top 5 This Week
TIE: 1. Marshmello ft. CHVRCHES - Here With Me
TIE: 1. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
3. Chainsmokers ft. Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
4. 5 Seconds of Summer - Youngblood
5. FLETCHER - Undrunk

No comments:

Post a Comment