Saturday, April 6, 2019

Jonas Brothers (2) - April 6, 2019

Welcome back, everyone. This week was pretty interesting. We got three exits, a nice rebound and a few jumps and drops. Overall, I feel this week was pretty good. Reminder that I am doing a rankdown that you can find at the pagebar of the blog at the top of the site. Basically just rank the 30 songs on the Google form and starting in April I will rank them based on golf points. Also, you might have heard about Google+ shutting down which I thought would affect us in some way which it kinda did. Commenting and posting should be the same but when I was editing last week's post in an effort to get Hey Look Ma, I Made It into purple, it didn't show up. Let me know if you guys have problems with editing as well. But here are the exits this week:

  • Zedd/Katy Perry - 365 (#31)
  • Kelsy Karter - Harry (#39) (Took a really long time!)
  • Maroon 5/Cardi B - Girls Like You (#43)
Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers - Sucker
The Countdown
45. Bebe Rexha - I'm A Mess (#44)
44. Charlie Puth - The Way I Am (#45)
43. Khalid/Normani - Love Lies (#42)
42. Imagine Dragons - Natural (#41) [1 Week At #1]
41. Madison Beer - Hurts Like Hell (#37)
40. LSD/Lil Wayne - Genius (#38)
39. Meghan Trainor - All The Ways (#23)
38. Cardi B/Bruno Mars - Please Me (#32)
37. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#35)
36. Post Malone - Wow. (#36)
35. Maren Morris - GIRL (#27)
34. Lizzo - Juice (DEBUT)
33. 5 Seconds of Summer - Youngblood (#28) [5 Weeks At #1] (Yeah, I grew into it.)
32. Ally Brooke - Low Key (DEBUT)
31. Grandson - Apologize (#30)
30. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (DEBUT) 
29. Lil Peep/iLoveMakonnen/Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting (#22)
28. Anne-Marie - 2002 (#29)
27. Yungblud/Halsey/Travis Barker - 11 Minutes (#25)
26. Jake Miller - Wait For You (#33)
25. Kelsea Ballerini - Miss Me More (#20)
24. Khalid - Better (#26)
23. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#34)
22. Austin Brown - In Betweenin' (#40)
21. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#24)
20. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower (#19)
19. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#18)
18. Sam Smith/Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (#15)
17. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#16)
16. Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired... (#21)
15. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#7)
14. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside (#17)
13. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#4) [8 Weeks At #1]
12. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#14)
11. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#8)
10. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier (#11) (/kill voters) [2 Weeks At #1]
9. Ellie Goulding x Diplo - Close to Me (#10)
8. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#9)
7. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#13) [7 Weeks At #1]
6. Halsey - Without Me (#6) [5 Weeks at #1]
5. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#2) [3 Weeks At #1]
4. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#12) (Wait, what?)
3. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer - Who Do You Love (#5)
2. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#3)
1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#1) [2nd Week At #1]

#1 Song on the Weekend Countdown 1 Year Ago: Zedd & Maren Morris/Grey - The Middle

Biggest DROP!!!... Of the Week: Meghan Trainor - All The Ways (-16)

Biggest Jump of the Week: Austin Brown - In Betweenin' (+18)

New Entrants
  • Our first of the three entrants comes from newcomer (I think so) Lizzo with Juice. Honestly, the song is fun and all but I can't exactly take this song seriously. The production isn't very appealing as it sounds like a few other club songs combined. Her vocals are good which is probably the only even decent part of the song. Oh yeah, I can't stand that chorus. My only real upside is that this would be a pretty good club EDM song but other than that this isn't very good. I hope this doesn't become a hit although it will just because Hits 1 stans random artists (Austin Brown).
    • Overall Rating: 2/10
  • Next up we have former Fifth Harmony member Ally Brooke with Low Key. Thankfully they edit out Tyga who makes this song horrible which actually saved this song. Her vocals are decent but I don't really like the production and lyrical content. Out of all of the Fifth Harmony members so far, I feel like Normani is definitely the best followed by Kehlani and Cabello. However, Ally Brooke just doesn't succeed right now for me and this song shows it. Overall, I'm not a big fan of this kind of thing and I hope this doesn't get anywhere.
    • Overall Rating: 1/10
  • Highest debut of the week and easily the best debut of the week comes from Bebe Rexha and her track, Last Hurrah. As you might know if you remember my previous blog, I am quite a Bebe Rexha stan. This is a good step up from I'm A Mess. The production is very good, better than most of her tracks. She has amazing vocals and delivers it in this like she nearly always does. I know this is going to become a hit because Bebe Rexha (*cough* Meant to Be *cough*) and I'm going to be very ready if it does.
    • Overall Rating: 9.5/10
Debut Ranking:
3. Ally Brooke - Low Key
2. Lizzo - Juice
1. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah

HitBound
Here is the HitBound list for this week:
  • Ava Max - So Am I
  • Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored
  • Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
  • NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close
  • MAX/Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (DEBUT)
  • Jordan McGraw - Flexible (DEBUT)
  • Kygo/Valerie Broussard - Think About You
  • Ciara - Thinking Bout You
  • Arvil Lavinge/Nicki Minaj- Dumb Blonde
  • Jonas Brothers - Cool (DEBUT)
  • Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime
  • Billie Eilish - Bury a Friend
  • Louis Tomilson - Two Of Us
  • Fletcher - Undrunk
  • lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid
I just want to say that when I was reviewing Bury a Friend last week, I clearly wasn't listening. More when and if it debuts.

Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. Marshmello/CHVRCHES - Here With Me
2. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime
3. Kygo/Valerie Broussard - Think About You
4. NOTD/Felix Jaehn/Georgia Ku/Captain Cuts - So Close
5. Fletcher - Undrunk

Blame It On My Blurbs, Baby
  • Sucker holds its position at the top spot. I still am anticipating the other three songs in the Top 4 will have some time to hit the spot but I think that Sucker will he here for a long time. Time will tell on this though besides for Sucker and Hey Look Ma, I Made It, Who Do You Love has the best potential for the #1 spot because it's Chainsmokers and 5 Seconds of Summer, how is Hits 1 not going to love this?
  • Let Me Down Slowly made a strange resurrection into the Top 5 after oompfing down to #12 last week. I'm alright with this but I have been starting to lose interest in this. Hopefully it doesn't stay up too much.
  • I felt that Be Alright deserved a week or two in purple. Honestly, I love the songwriting and vocals in this song and it's one of the only songs where you can actually feel the sorrow in the vocalist. I love how country-pop this song is and I feel like Dean Lewis is extremely talented; if you don't like Be Alright, I want a thorough explanation in the comments. So yeah, it's going in purple simply because I have been listening to it a lot for the past few days and thought that it deserved a moment in purple.
  • I've made up my mind about In Betweenin'; it just isn't good. Honestly, the production is good but his vocals and lyrical content are quite mediocre. Obviously, it is still better than Mean but I don't quite see the enjoyment of this song and I am unhappy that it made a massive jump. There are other struggling songs that are much more deservant of success (see Genius, All The Ways, Apologize).
  • After gaining momentum last week, I've Been Waiting dropped right back down to where it was beforehand. *sigh* This is an amazing song for two artists welll-known for their contribution to the hip-hop and rap industry, I didn't intend for this to fully flop. Hopefully it rises up again as there haven't been many hits from hip-hop and rap artists on here.
  • All The Ways drops a long distance after jumping last week. It seems that our entrants from March 23, 2019 are flopping a lot except for Shallow and... yeah that's it. In fact, Harry literally left this week after a measly two weeks in the countdown. Hopefully All The Ways can make a comeback because it's one of our actually good entrants from that week.
  • As far as our exits go, good riddance to Girls Like You and Harry. The former didn't even deserve to last so long and the latter was just horrible. But 365 didn't need to go. Zedd stepped up his production by a landslide with this after Stay and The Middle. Katy Perry sounded great in this and I don't exactly warm up like this.
Top 20 Review
0 - Crap (Total: 0)
20. Marshmello/Bastille - Happier
19. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
18. Halsey - Without Me

1 - Bad (Total: 0)
NONE

2 - Mediocre (Total: 2)
17. Lauv/Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired...

3 - Decent (Total: 0)
NONE

4 - Good (Total: 20)
16. Ellie Goulding x Diplo - Close to Me
15. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
14. Post Malone/Swae Lee - Sunflower
13. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine
12. Jonas Brothers - Sucker

5 - Great (Total: 50)
11. Benny Blanco/Halsey/Khalid - Eastside
10. Sam Smith/Normani - Dancing With A Stranger
9. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly
8. The Chainsmokers/Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
7. Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper - Shallow
6. Dan + Shay - Tequila
5. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (1 Week in Top)
4. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (1 Week in Top)
3. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer - Who Do You Love (3rd Week in Top)
2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (3rd Week in Top)

BONUS: 6 - Best Song on the Countdown (Total: 6)
1. Dean Lewis - Be Alright

Total: 0 + 0 + 2 + 0 + 20 + 50 + 6 = 79 (B+)
Comment: Once again, a lot of songs at 4+ which is great though still, could be improved.

Most Missed Countdown Song: Ellie Goulding - Something In The Way You Move (I feel like Ellie Goulding is extremely underrated, she has amazing music)

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: PewDiePie/Roomie/Boyinaband - Congratulations (Not even kidding.)

Top 5 This Week
1. Dean Lewis - Be Alright
2. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
3. The Chainsmokers/5 Seconds of Summer - Who Do You Love
4. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah
5. 5 Seconds of Summer - Youngblood

2 comments:

  1. Kehlani was not a Fifth Harmony member. Fifth Harmony was Camila Cabello, Normani, Ally Brooke, Dinah Jane, and Lauren Jauregui.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, thanks for clarifying. Wasn't sure at first

      Delete