Saturday, May 11, 2019

Jonas Brothers (7) - May 11, 2019

Hey friends! This is honestly the worst countdown week so far this year. Eastside left, TWO Billie Eilish debuts, songs like Shallow and Last Hurrah taking huge drops. I don't really have much else to say besides happy Mother's Day to all mothers and women reading. I hope you have an excellent day. Here are the fresh exits for this week:
  • Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower (#45)
  • Anne-Marie - 2002 (#44)
  • Benny Blanco ft. Halsey & Khalid - Eastside (#43)
  • Austin Brown - In Betweenin' (#42)
Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers - Sucker

45. Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#41)

44. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#30)
43. Avril Lavigne ft. Nicki Minaj - Dumb Blonde (#38)
42. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over (DEBUT)
41. Ally Brooke - Low Key (#37)
40. Yungblud & Halsey ft. Travis Barker - 11 Minutes (#25)
39. Alessia Cara - Out of Love (#39)
38. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime (#40)
37. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (#17)
36. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#34)
35. Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#33)
34. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (DEBUT)
33. Jennifer Lopez ft. French Montana - Medicine (DEBUT)
32. Lil Peep & iLoveMakonnen ft. Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting (#19)
31. Khalid - Better (#20)
30. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#27)
29. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#26)
28. Billie Eilish - Bury A Friend (#32)
27. NOTD, Felix Jaehn, & Captain Cuts ft. Georgia Ku - So Close (#29)
26. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#36)
25. Lizzo - Juice (#24)
24. MAX ft. Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (#28)
23. Post Malone - Wow. (#31)
22. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#16)
21. Ciara - Thinkin Bout You (#22)
20. BTS ft. Halsey - Boy With Luv (#35)
19. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#23) [8 Weeks at #1]
18. Sam Smith ft. Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (#7)
17. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (DEBUT)
16. Marshmello ft. CHVRCHES - Here With Me (#21)
15. Lauv ft. Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired (#14)
14. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#18)
13. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#15)
12. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#10)
11. Chainsmokers ft. Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#11) [7 Weeks at #1]
10. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#12)
9. Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie - ME! (#13)
8. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#8)
7. Ellie Goulding x Diplo - Close to Me (#9)
6. Marshmello ft. Bastille - Happier (#6) [2 Weeks at #1]
5. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#3)
4. Chainsmokers ft. 5 Seconds of Summer - Who Do You Love (#2)
3. Halsey - Without Me (#5) [5 Weeks at #1]
2. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#4) [3 Weeks at #1]
1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#1) [7th Week at #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... of the Week: Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (-20)


Biggest Jump of the Week: BTS ft. Halsey - Boy With Luv (+15)

New Entrants

  • Our first debut comes from the of course terrible Billie Eilish with When The Party's Over. Let me just recap the review of Bury A Friend just in case it's needed but it applies here too. Just dull and uninteresting. Her voice is complete crap and it sounds like what Jeremy from CinemaSins describes, "she is afraid she will set off an alarm if she raises her voice over 22 decibels." The production lacks any sort of interest and is very lackluster. I don't get a good vibe from this song either. I'm over this. We need to stop this for everyone's sanity.
    • Overall Rating: 0.5/10
  • Our next entry is from... Billie Eilish with Bad Guy. Now it's time to heal up from rant time because I have realized this is a somewhat enjoyable song. She is still silent as a stone but the production is somewhat fun and enjoyable. I really like the prechorus too. I grew on this a lot within the past few weeks. You can actually expect this to be in green in the next few weeks.
    • Overall Rating: 7/10
  • Next up we have Medicine by Jennifer Lopez featuring French Montana. This is a great bop. I really like what Jennifer has to offer here. The production is fun too. I love the chorus too; it's extremely cool and fun. Even French Montana plays a pretty solid part. Overall, it's a really catchy and entertaining song and I would love to see it get big.
    • Overall Rating: 9/10
  • Finally at #17, we have If I Can't Have You by Shawn Mendes. This is extremely fun too. Shawn's vocals shine bright and sound great with the production. I love the verses too and the prechorus is a good part. What makes me like this song the most is the chorus. He sounds so good there and the production jump feels great. Great song and would be nice to see it become a hit.
    • Overall Rating: 9.5/10
Debut Ranking
4. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over
3. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
2. Jennifer Lopez ft. French Montana - Medicine
1. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You

HitBound
Here is the HitBound list this week:

  • Mabel - Don't Call Me Up (DEBUT)
  • Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (DEBUT)
  • SZA x The Weeknd x Travis Scott - Power Is Power
  • Chainsmokers - Kills You Slowly
  • lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid
  • Ava Max - So Am I
  • Jonas Brothers - Cool
  • Kygo ft. Rita Ora - Carry On
  • Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other
  • Disclosure x Khalid - Talk (DEBUT)
  • Louis Tomlinson - Two of Us
  • P!nk - Hustle
  • Jordan McGraw - Flexible
  • Andy Grammer - Don't Give Up On Me
  • Bazzi - Paradise
Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. P!nk - Hustle
2. SZA x The Weeknd x Travis Scott - Power Is Power
3. Jonas Brothers - Cool
4. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up
5. Bazzi - Paradise

I Could Be Your Blurb-icine, Yeah

  • Sucker is still #1 after what feels like forever. I will be shocked if it isn't #1 on the Year-End Chart for this year. I have a feeling it'll drop off soon. If it does, Who Do You Love, ME!, and Sweet But Psycho are good #1 contenders.
  • We've had this same Top 5 for about a month. This needs to stop. We need a new Top 5 entry, I'm sick of Hits 1 always overrating the same songs every week. Also another fact; Without Me has lasted half a year in the Top 10 for Billboard Hot 100, being the song to have the longest tenure in the Hot 100 Top 10 by a female artist. *sigh*
  • I'm pretty disappointed that ME! didn't go higher than it did this week. But I'm still very happy. I can tell it's gonna reach #1 sooner or later. I'm also awaiting the rest of her upcoming album; I'm sure it'll be a blast.
  • Boy With Luv took a big jump into the Top 20 this week. I'm cool with it. I've come to appreciate the song itself and I like it. It can stay as long as it wants as long as it isn't overplayed.
  • Someone You Loved is taking a good rise this week. It jumps ten spots which is cool with me. I like this and I find it a nice song. You really wouldn't expect a song from Lewis Capaldi to get big unless you're from the United Kingdom where I think four or five of his songs are charting on the Top 75 UK chart. I'm glad it's becoming a hit here.
  • We have multiple big drops from great songs, namely Shallow, Last Hurrah, I've Been Waiting, and Better. These are all good and it's sad to see that the fact I stated a few weeks ago is being proven correct. Hopefully these don't leave so soon, especially the very former.
  • For a chart of the "top 45 songs in North America," Old Town Road is not doing well. At the same time though, they call this a child-friendly radio but here's this. SOS by Avicii has the word drugs censored out but Kills You Slowly by Chainsmokers is left with the words f*ck and sh*t uncensored. So that's something weird.
  • As far as the exits this week go, 2002 was way overrated by Hits 1 and needed to go. Sunflower I didn't care much for so I'm neutral on it. In Betweenin' was a space filler and we didn't really need it here so I'm glad it went on its way out. But what actually made me sad was Eastside like I mentioned in the introduction. This is one of Halsey's best so I'm disappointed that it got a fate like this. It got a peak at #6 and did very well overall, spending a lot of time in the Top 20. It was Benny's breakout hit and I think it's his best song. I know another person who agrees with me on most of these notes (not calling names). Goodbye, Eastside. You will be missed. Oh, and Khalid did cheap but great too.
Top 20 Review
0 - Crap
20. Halsey - Without Me

1 - Bad
19. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored
18. Marshmello ft. Bastille - Happier

2 - Mediocre
NONE

3 - Decent
17. Ellie Goulding x Diplo - Close to Me
16. Lauv ft. Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired
15. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly

4 - Good
14. P!nk - Walk Me Home

5 - Great
13. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes
12. BTS ft. Halsey - Boy With Luv
11. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
10. Sam Smith ft. Normani - Dancing With A Stranger
9. Dan + Shay - Speechless
8. Chainsmokers ft. 5 Seconds of Summer - Who Do You Love
7. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
6. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho
5. Chainsmokers ft. Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
4. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
3. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
2. Marshmello ft. CHVRCHES - Here With Me

BONUS: 6 - Best Song on the Countdown
1. Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie - ME!

Overall: 81/100 (A-)

Most Missed Countdown Song: Shawn Mendes - In My Blood (I loved it, ngl)

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Lil Dicky ft. Various Artists - Earth

Top 5 Picks
1. Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie - ME!
2. Marshmello ft. CHVRCHES - Here With Me
3. NOTD, Felix Jaehn, & Captain Cuts ft. Georgia Ku - So Close
4. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow
5. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You

No comments:

Post a Comment