Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Thoughts and Reactions: Billboard Music Awards 2019

1. Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie - ME!
Reactions: Swift and Urie stole the show with their new song, ME!. You know my opinion on this song; it's amazing. That applies to their live performance too. Vocals and production are all on point. Great performance overall. Also, how did Urie just jump straight into the stage? Quantum mechanics forbids this.


Overall Rating: 9.5/10

2. Kelly Clarkson - Multiple Covers
Reactions: Host Kelly Clarkson performed covers of songs like The Middle, Girls Like You, One Kiss, etc. I personally really liked hit. Her vocals were on point throughout the whole video. I liked the productive covers too. I especially liked One Kiss, Love Lies, and High Hopes. Great performance overall.

Overall Rating: 9.5/10

WINNER FOR TOP R&B ARTIST
Ella Mai
Reactions: Not the biggest fan of Ella but I feel like she was on the verge of getting it. Congratulations to her though.

3. Halsey - Without Me
Reactions: I definitely do not like this song itself but I think the performance was actually pretty good. I like her vocals a bit and the production had a lot more effort. The gymnast did very well too. Overall, the performance in itself was decent and obviously better than the actual song.

Overall Rating: 7.5/10

WINNER FOR TOP ROCK ARTISTImagine Dragons
Reactions: I don't feel like Imagine Dragons is an actual rock band but I think they would have got it too. Again, congratulations to them and I loved their speech.

I have to take some time to talk about the T-Mobile ad. I freaking loved that dinosaur Animoji.

4. Ciara - Thinkin About You 
Reactions: I like this song quite a bit and I really like the performance, especially the introduction to the performance. The vocals and production were actually good. I absolutely loved the end dance with the other four men. Overall, this was a good performance. Not the best thing of the night but good still.

Overall Rating: 9/10

WINNER FOR TOP BILLBOARD 200 ALBUM
Drake - Scorpion
Reactions: I feel like ? and Astroworld should have won but regardless, this was a decent album. I really am not surprised though because this was a pretty overrated album and everything did very well on most charts.

5. Dan + Shay ft. Tori Kelly - Speechless
Reactions: I really like this song and to see Tori Kelly in this performance is actually good because she hasn't made a huge hit in a long time. The vocals were great and the production was off the charts. I liked the lights and Shay's camoflauge jacket. Those were some pretty cool props for the show. Great performance overall and I think this was a cool performance.

Overall Rating: 10/10

WINNER FOR TOP NEW ARTIST
Juice WRLD

Reactions: Not all that happy. He's sorta good but like Scorpion, extremely overrated. I really thought Dua Lipa would win the award. I guess I was wrong.

6. Jonas Brothers - Jealous / Cake By The Ocean / Sucker
Reactions: They started with Jealous which I'm not a big fan of but the vocals were good and I liked the production. Then they did Cake By The Ocean which became a huge hit. I really liked the performance of that too. They also performed Sucker which I am a fan of. That performance was absolute fire (no pun intended). Amazing entire performance. The recorders filmed Halsey just clapping along to the bridge of Sucker which makes sense.

Overall Rating: 10/10

WINNER FOR TOP DUO/GROUP
BTS
Reactions: I am not surprised at all whatsoever. I'm kinda happy for them but I think Panic! At The Disco should have won. Congratulations to them though.

7. Khalid - Talk / Better
Reactions: I've never expressed my opinion on Talk so I'll do it here. I like the song in general. It has cool production and decent vocals. Next, he performed Better which I like a lot. I liked the crouch he did at the front of the stage. Great performance overall.

Overall Rating: 8.5/10

WINNER FOR TOP MALE ARTIST
Drake
Reactions: Once again, I'm not surprised. But I think he would have got it in the start. It's fine though; I still think Ed or Post should have won.

8. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings
Reactions: I didn't really like this one. Her vocals are kinda lame and the production is still mediocre. It's definitely better than the actual song but that doesn't really say much. I like how the car prop literally said "BBMA 2019" on it. I'm not a big fan though.

Overall Rating: 4/10

9. Madonna ft. Maluma - Medellin
Reactions: Madonna and Maluma both show off their vocal talent well in this performance. I loved the quality background; it was very visually pleasing and I like it a lot. The production was pretty good too. Good show overall.

Overall Rating: 9.5/10

10. Lauren Daigle - You Say
Reactions: I really like this song and its meaning in general. I love her outfit and talent in this performance. I'm sure with this song as evidence, we know which Lauren is the better Lauren at the moment. One is garbage, the other is great. I think it's a very catchy and meaningful song overall and this performance shows that.

Overall Rating: 10/10

WINNER FOR TOP RAP SONG
Cardi B ft. Bad Bunny & J Balvin - I Like It
Reactions: I actually like this song a bit and it became a huge hit so I'm honestly not surprised about this win. But then again, there was also Sicko Mode which also became a big hit. Congratulations to Cardi B!

I went to sleep at that point because the live show started at 8:00 PM for me so I was extremely tired after watching TV for two hours. But congratulations to everyone else who won awards. The whole thing was good for the most part and good effort to everyone who performed. My favorites throughout the whole show was Panic! At The Disco's performance and Lauren Daigle. I think BTS did decent with their performance of Boy With Luv featuring Halsey. It was a good show. I'll see you on the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment