Saturday, May 18, 2019

Jonas Brothers (8) - May 18, 2019

Hey, friends! I've only got two more weeks of school at the moment so it's gonna get a little tough. I should be able to get the posts out by the end of the weekend like always. In countdown news, this was certainly one heck of an interesting week. In fact, there are four Top 10 entrants this week and I Don't Care debuted all the way at #12. Here isthe countdown.
  • Ariana Grande - Thank U, Next (#45)
  • Yungblud & Halsey ft. Travis Barker - 11 Minutes (#40)
Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers - Sucker
45. Avril Lavigne ft. Nicki Minaj - Dumb Blonde (#43)
44. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#44)
43. Ally Brooke - Low Key (#41)
42. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#36)
41. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (#37)
40. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over (#42)
39. Jordan McGraw - Flexible (DEBUT)
38. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#29)
37. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#30)
36. Alessia Cara - Out of Love (#39)
35. Lil Peep & iLoveMakonnen ft. Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting (#32)
34. Jennifer Lopez ft. French Montana - Medicine (#33)
33. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#22)
32. BTS ft. Halsey - Boy With Luv (#20)
31. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#34)
30. Khalid - Better (#31)
29. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime (#38)
28. Post Malone - Wow. (#23)
27. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#26)
26. MAX ft. Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (#24)
25. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#13)
24. Billie Eilish - Bury A Friend (#28)
23. Lizzo - Juice (#25)
22. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#14)
21. NOTD, Felix Jaehn, & Captain Cuts ft. Georgia Ku - So Close (#27)
20. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#10)
19. Ciara - Thinkin Bout You (#21)
18. Lauv ft. Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired (#15) (I keep my personal information personal...)
17. Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#35)
16. Sam Smith ft. Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (#18)
15. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#19) [8 Weeks at #1]
14. Ellie Goulding x Diplo - Close to Me (#7)
13. Marshmello ft. Bastille - Happier (#6) [2 Weeks at #1]
12. Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (DEBUT)
11. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#8)
10. Chainsmokers ft. Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#11)
9. Marshmello ft. CHVRCHES - Here With Me (#16)
8. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#17)
7. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#12)
6. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#2) [3 Weeks at #1]
5. Halsey - Without Me (#3) [5 Weeks at #1]
4. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#5)
3. Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie - ME! (#9)
2. Chainsmokers ft. 5 Seconds of Summer - Who Do You Love (#4)
1. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#1) [8th Week at #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... of the Week: Tie Between BTS ft. Halsey - Boy With Luv and Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (-12)

Biggest Jump of the Week: Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (+18)

New Entrants
  • Our first entrant comes from newcomer Jordan McGraw who apparently is Dr. Phil's son. He delivers with Flexible. I like this one quite a bit. His vocals are good and the verses are done pretty well. I think the production is pretty cool and gives it that electronic-pop vibe. What I believe is the best part of this song is the chorus. It flows really well and even with the cheesy rhymes, it's a very good chorus and it feels very vibey and nice. I don't mind this being a hit at all and I think it could last.
    • Overall Rating: 9/10
  • Our much higher entrant all the way up at #12 is I Don't Care by Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber. Honestly, I have really mixed feelings about this. The vocals are pretty mediocre and the production isn't that good and doesn't fit with the theme of the song. It's definitely a pretty bad song. But I don't absolutely hate it. It could be in blue within the next few weeks but for now I don't really like it.
    • Overall Rating: 3/10
Entrant Ranking
1. Jordan McGraw - Flexible
2. Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber - I Don't Care

HitBound
Here is the HitBound list for this week.
  • Kygo ft. Rita Ora - Carry On
  • Halsey - Nightmare (DEBUT)
  • Bazzi - Paradise
  • Disclosure x Khalid - Talk
  • Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other
  • Chainsmokers - Kills You Slowly
  • Ava Max - So Am I
  • Jonas Brothers - Cool
  • SZA x The Weeknd x Travis Scott - Power Is Power
  • Andy Grammer - Don't Give Up On Me
  • Mabel - Don't Call Me Up
  • P!nk - Hustle
  • Louis Tomlinson - Two Of Us
  • Martin Garrix ft. Macklemore & Patrick Stump - Summer Days (DEBUT)
  • lovelytheband - Maybe, I'm Afraid
Top 5 HitBound Picks
TIE: 1. Martin Garrix ft. Macklemore & Patrick Stump - Summer Days
TIE: 1. SZA x The Weeknd x Travis Scott - Power Is Power
3. P!nk - Hustle
4. Louis Tomlinson - Two of Us
5. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up

I Don't Blurb
  • Sucker at #1 for all these weeks is getting on my nerves now. Don't be surprised if you see this in orange soon because the overrating and love for it is honestly really unnecessary. If anything, Cool is actually the better song and should it debut, it's pretty much locked for my Top 45 of 2019 unlike Sucker which is lingering around at the moment.
  • Despite this, we have a Top 5 entrant this week at last! The entrant is ME! which is of course a great song. I'm a little sad it replaced Hey Look Ma, I Made It but it was a great choice. I think Without Me should have been kicked but at least ME!'s in the Top 5 now. Hopefully it hits #1 next week.
  • I'm also very pleased with the jumps from Here With Me and If I Can't Have You. These are both great songs which are destined for success (see the latter) so I'm glad they made it. I'll definitely listen to either more than songs like Happier, I Don't Care, Without Me, and Bury A Friend.
  • Apparently, Old Town Road made a jump into the Top 20 which is weird because I've never seen Hits 1 praise rap music. What's even funnier is that I said Old Town Road wouldn't succeed here when it debuted and I even emphasized that last week but it turns out, it made a leap up. It probably won't last but if I learned a thing, it's don't speak too soon.
  • *you see #18 in green* Oh, don't worry about me, I'm just doing my casual thing... oh yeah and I have no email address.
  • Something else that kinda felt needed was a drop from Let Me Down Slowly. It's actually getting out of my system now and I would like for it to find its way down soon.
  • The jump from Bury A Friend was definitely unneeded and unwanted. It's literally some of the biggest crap I've heard my whole life and it is locked for the Bottom 10 of 2019. Bad Guy should be the much larger hit at the moment and I don't understand much of the praise that goes to her.
  • I don't really care that Boy With Luv took that drop but I'm definitely irritated that Be Alright followed. Dean Lewis is much more talented than people make him out to be and it's sad that his music is being underrated in the United States but is doing great in the United Kingdom and Australia. Sometimes, Americans are weird though.
  • Tracing the same lines, Someone You Loved is doing rather well. This is a pretty underrated song that I definitely regret rating like I did when it debuted. I'd be glad to see this reach the Top 20 soon and also get some of his other songs like Hold Me While You Wait to get on Hits 1 soon. For now though, give this and Two of Us some love and success.
  • About the exits, I didn't particularly care about either of them. 11 Minutes was the better song but it never stood out to me. The same applies to Thank U, Next which I never really liked. So yeah. Definitely better debuts than exits.
Top 20 Breakdown
0 - Crap
20. Halsey - Without Me
19. Marshmello ft. Bastille - Happier

1 - Bad
18. Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber - I Don't Care

2 - Mediocre
17. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly

3 - Decent
16. Ellie Goulding x Diplo - Close to Me
15. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes

4 - Good
14. Lauv ft. Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired
13. Ciara - Thinkin Bout You
12. Jonas Brothers - Sucker

5 - Great
11. P!nk - Walk Me Home
10. Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
9. Sam Smith ft. Normani - Dancing With A Stranger
8. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
7. Chainsmokers ft. 5 Seconds of Summer - Who Do You Love
6. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho
5. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
4. Chainsmokers ft. Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
3. Marshmello ft. CHVRCHES - Here With Me
2. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It

BONUS: 6 - Best Song on the Countdown
1. Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie - ME!
Overall Points: 77% (B+)

Most Missed Countdown Song: Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc - Wake Me Up (quick tribute to Avicii)

#1 Recommendation to Hits 1: Tie Between Alec Benjamin - If I Killed Someone For You & Audien ft. Echosmith - Favorite Sound

Top 5 Picks
1. Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie - ME!
2. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
3. Marshmello ft. CHVRCHES - Here With Me
4. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow
5. Dean Lewis - Be Alright

8 comments:

  1. IIKSFY is WAY better than LMDS ...maybe a fair swap in the future

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doubt it. And IIKSFY is my w.. wait I never heard of it before.

      Delete
    2. Pyoris please stop recommending IIKSFY, that song is ugly. But that is good that you are recommending Favorite Sound. I love that song

      Delete
  2. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Duncan Laurence - Arcade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it was a good performance. I'm glad it won Eurovision honestly.

      Delete
  3. Kids, he's here. The evil Chasetrovicii is here.

    ReplyDelete