Sunday, June 2, 2019

Crown 100 Review: Taylor Swift (4) - May 25, 2019

Hey guys! So I decided to start up a new little thing where I review the Crown 100 of Crownnote (link on the sidebar) in a summarized form like blogger Waffle reviews the Billboard Hot 100, another popular chart. The Crown 100 is a combination of all charts made in a certain week on Crownnote then based on a song's assigned points, it will be placed in a certain spot. Let's move on, shall we?

Some important things to know; we will use Color Code B for Crown 100 overviews. This means that great songs will be green, good songs in blue, etc. I will also not do reviews for entrants like I do on the Hits 1 posts. I will just line them up on a wall and choose the best one. There will be a Top 20 Review too. 

Top 20
1. Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie - ME! (#1) [4th Week at #1]
2. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#3) [1 Week at #1]
3. Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#2) [2 Weeks at #1]
4. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#4)
5. Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#9)
6. Halsey - Nightmare (DEBUT)
7. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#7) [11 Weeks at #1]
8. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#5)
9. Jonas Brothers - Sucker (#6)
10. Sam Smith ft. Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (#12)
11. Daddy Yankee & Katy Perry ft. Snow - Con Calma (#10)
12. BLACKPINK - Kill This Love (#11)
13. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up (#13)
14. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#15)
15. BTS ft. Halsey - Boy With Luv (#8)
16. Lizzo - Juice (#14)
17. Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc - SOS (#17)
18. Lizzo - Truth Hurts (#19)
19. FANCY - Twice (#16)
20. Duncan Laurence - Arcade (Eurovision 2019 - Tel Aviv) (#92)

I believe I haven't expressed my thoughts on SOS by Avicii on here. This is definitely a great posthumous release. Aloe's vocal work stands out and the production is really charming and fitting. I look forward to Tim and another quick rest-in-peace to Avicii.

On the other hand, I'm glad that Arcade finally boomed up the chart 72 spots! This is a great song and I'm glad it finally rose up. Other than that and Dancing With A Stranger entering the Top 10, this is not exactly the ideal Top 20. I guess this is Crownnote though where no one has taste.

Top 20 Breakdown
0 - Crap
20. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings

1 - Bad
19. FANCY - Twice
18. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored
17. Lizzo - Juice

2 - Mediocre
16. Halsey - Nightmare
15. BLACKPINK - Kill This Love
14. Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber - I Don't Care

3 - Decent
13. BTS ft. Halsey - Boy With Luv

4 - Good
12. Daddy Yankee & Katy Perry ft. Snow - Con Calma
11. Lizzo - Truth Hurts
10. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
9. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho
8. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up

5 - Great
7. Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
6. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
5. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
4. Sam Smith ft. Normani - Dancing With A Stranger
3. Duncan Laurence - Arcade (Eurovision 2019 - Tel Aviv)

BONUS: 6 - Best Song(s) on the Countdown
TIE: 1. Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc - SOS
TIE: 1. Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie - ME!


Total: 69/100 (B)

Debuts & Entrants
Here is the list of entrants this week:
6. Halsey - Nightmare (DEBUT)
28. Lana Del Ray - Doin' Time (DEBUT)
41. Tyler the Creator - Earfquake (DEBUT)
44. Mahmood - Soldi (RE-ENTRY)
57. Carly Rae Jepsen - Want You In My Room (DEBUT)
66. Pedro Capo & Farruko - Calma (RE-ENTRY)
70. Carly Rae Jepsen - Happy Not Knowing (DEBUT)
76. Ariana Grande - Bloodline (RE-ENTRY)
77. Chingiz - Truth (Eurovision 2019 - Tel Aviv) (DEBUT)
80. Bastille - Joy (DEBUT)
82. Hatari - Hatrið Mun Sigra (Eurovision 2019 - Tel Aviv) (DEBUT)
83. OneRepublic - Rescue Me (DEBUT)
84. Carly Rae Jepsen - Real Love (DEBUT)
85. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie - Look Back At It (RE-ENTRY)
87. Tyler the Creator - I Think (DEBUT)
89. Oh My Girl - The Fifth Season (DEBUT)
90. Zara Kralj & Gasper Santl - Sebi (Eurovision 2019 - Tel Aviv) (RE-ENTRY)
95. Ellie Goulding x Diplo ft. Swae Lee - Close to Me (RE-ENTRY)
100. Alan Walker ft. Sabrina Carpenter & Farruko - On My Way (RE-ENTRY)

Top 5 Entrant Picks

1. OneRepublic - Rescue Me (#83)
2. Carly Rae Jepsen - Want You In My Room (#57)
3. Bastille - Joy (#80)
4. Carly Rae Jepsen - Real Love (#84)
5. Carly Rae Jepsen - Happy Not Knowing (#70)

Bottom 5 Entrant Picks

1. Zara Kralj & Gasper Santl - Sebi (Eurovision 2019 - Tel Aviv) (#90)
2. Tyler the Creator - Earfquake (#41)
3. A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie - Look Back At It (#85)
4. Hatari - Hatrið Mun Sigra (Eurovision 2019 - Tel Aviv) (#82)
5. Ellie Goulding x Diplo ft. Swae Lee - Close to Me (#95)

Leapers
These songs rose at least 10 spots.

  • 20. Duncan Laurence - Arcade (Eurovision 2019 - Tel Aviv) (#92) [+72]
  • 22. Chainsmokers ft. 5 Seconds of Summer - Who Do You Love (#70) [+48]
  • 30. Charli XCX ft. Lizzo - Blame It On Your Love (#72) [+42]
  • 39. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#68) [+29]
  • 49. KEiiNO - Spirit In The Sky (#89) [+40]
  • 50. Luca Hänni - She Got Me (Eurovision 2019 - Tel Aviv) (#64) [+14]
  • 59. THE BOYZ - Bloom Bloom (#86) [+27]
  • 63. Mark Ronson ft. Lykke Li - Late Night Feelings (#81) [+18]
  • 67. Bazzi - Paradise (#82) [+15]
Like I said earlier, I'm really happy about Arcade jumping. Someone You Loved is definitely good and I'm nearly alone with that opinion. I think Blame It On Your Love is a pretty good song, not gonna lie. But I don't want this to be the next ME! where fans of both artists overrate it huge. I'll admit, I overrated ME! but it's a great song, okay? Not many big jumps this week. It looks like a lot but once compared to the big drops... oh boy.

Fallers
These songs dropped at least 10 spots.
  • 31. Ellie Goulding - Sixteen (#21) [-10]
  • 37. Iggy Azalea - Started (#23) [-14]
  • 38. Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower (#22) [-16]
  • 47. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#29) [-18]
  • 48. Cardi B ft. Bruno Mars - Please Me (#34) [-14]
  • 51. Post Malone - Wow. (#26) [-25]
  • 55. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#45) [-10]
  • 58. Ciara - Thinkin Bout You (#42) [-16]
  • 62. BANKS - Gimme (#51) [-11]
  • 68. Logic ft. Eminem - Homicide (#30) [-38]
  • 69. Jonas Brothers - Cool (#47) [-22]
  • 71. FKA Twigs - Cellophane (#43) [-28]
  • 73. Vampire Weekend - Harmony Hall (#39) [-34]
  • 74. Calvin Harris ft. Rag'n'Bone Man - Giant (#59) [-15]
  • 75. Vampire Weekend - This Life (#65) [-10]
  • 79. Stormzy - Vossi Bop (#66) [-13]
  • 81. DaBaby - Suge (#44) [-37]
  • 86. Lil Peep & iLoveMakonnen ft. Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting (#53) [-33]
  • 88. Ariana Grande - Bad Idea (#77) [-11]
  • 91. EVERGLOW - Bon Bon Chocolate (#67) [-24]
  • 92. Iggy Azalea - Sally Walker (#71) [-21]
  • 94. Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (#78) [-16]
  • 96. Ariana Grande ft. Victoria Monét - Monopoly (#50) [-46]
  • 97. Lil Dicky ft. A Bunch Of Artists I'm Not Mentioning - Earth (#61) [-36]
  • 98. MARINA - Handmade Heaven (#75) [-23]
Are you breathing? Yeah? Good. Because we have more to do. Before we get to that, I'm gonna briefly review the songs I never had the opportunity to express my opinion on.
  • Sixteen is great and I'm infuriated that Close to Me became the hit and this didn't.
  • Started and Sally Walker sound like nearly the same song so I'll just put it here; they suck.
  • Gimme is a somewhat enjoyable song in my book.
  • Homicide is okay. It's underwhelming in Logic and Eminem standards but I like it personally. I wouldn't change the station if it were to play.
  • Cellophane is really just a forgettable song and a letdown for an EDM song.
  • I really like Rag'n'Bone Man's vocals in Giant. It works well with the production.
  • DId Harmony Hall and This Life really have to drop? They're well done songs and I'm not exactly in the best mood to see them dropping.
  • Vossi Bop just isn't my favorite thing right now. The main issue is that it's forgettable.
  • I never came around to Suge mostly because of the vocals and forgettable-ness. Songs like this are why I'm not a fan of a lot of modern rap.
  • Monopoly and Bad Idea are nowhere as bad as 7 Rings but just aren't that good in the long run.
  • Bon Bon Chocolate is honestly really annoying in general. I don't like the vocals mostly.
  • Earth is a fun bop with a great message of preventing global warming. I really enjoy this and I know it won't make it to Hits 1 which I'm kinda shocked about because let's be honest; Hits 1 will play anything with Brendon Urie, Adam Levine, Shawn Mendes, Halsey, and a few others I'm missing.
  • Handmade Heaven is a nice song with great vocals and good production. I would like to see this make Hits 1.
And of course, Hey Look Ma, I Made It shouldn't have dropped.

Top 10 Countdown Picks
TIE: 1. Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc - SOS
TIE: 1. Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie - ME!
3. Duncan Laurence - Arcade (Eurovision 2019 - Tel Aviv)
4. OneRepublic - Rescue Me
5. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
6. Sam Smith ft. Normani - Dancing With A Stranger
7. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow
8. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy
9. Vampire Weekend - Harmony Hall
10. Carly Rae Jepsen - Want You In My Room

See you later for the next one!

4 comments:

  1. "Homicide is okay. It's underwhelming in Logic and Eminem standards but I like it personally. I wouldn't change the station if it were to play."

    IMO no it's not okay and I certainly know that Homicide is crappy bad sugar. I hate it and it is my least favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Bon Bon Chocolate is honestly really annoying in general. I don't like the vocals mostly."

    I never heard of Bon Bon Chocolate before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Monopoly and Bad Idea are nowhere as bad as 7 Rings but just aren't that good in the long run."

    First, agreed with you on MONOPOLY, and second I never heard of Bad Idea before.

    ReplyDelete