Saturday, June 1, 2019

Jonas Brothers (10) - June 1, 2019

Hey guys, what's up? Summer is finally rolling in and with it, expect some bonus posts! I've already been working hard on our first album review here and it's for Sacred Hearts Club by Foster The People. You know, the guys who made Pumped Up Kicks and Sit Next to Me? No? Okay... Also, reveals for the 30 Pop Rankdown have officially started. I've revealed #30 to #26 at the moment. Link is here. Now, this week was a lot better than last week because more was happening and it just felt like a better week in general. I have also had a lot of new opinions that I would like to share. Now, here are the exits for this week.

  • Bebe Rexha - Last Hurrah (#42)
  • Ally Brooke - Low Key (#44)

Last Week's #1 Song: Take a quick guess. JUST GUESS.
45. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow (#45)
44. Ariana Grande - 7 Rings (#38)
43. Dan + Shay - Tequila (#43)
42. Khalid - Better (#34)
41. Lil Peep & iLoveMakonnen ft. Fall Out Boy - I've Been Waiting (#40)
40. Billie Eilish - When The Party's Over (#41)
39. Post Malone - Wow (#31)
38. Alessia Cara - Out of Love (#36)
37. Jordan McGraw - Flexible (#39)
36. Jennifer Lopez ft. French Montana - Medicine (#29)
35. Twenty One Pilots - Chlorine (#37)
34. SZA x The Weeknd x Travis Scott - Power Is Power (DEBUT)
33. Dean Lewis - Be Alright (#30)
32. Lizzo - Juice (#22)
31. Billie Eilish - Bury A Friend (#33)
30. NOTD, Felix Jaehn, & Captain Cuts ft. Georgia Ku - So Close (#20)
29. MAX ft. Quinn XCII - Love Me Less (#23)
28. Ellie Goulding x Diplo - Close to Me (#17) (Good job, student! Now drop and leave!)
27. Lewis Capaldi - Someone You Loved (#28)
26. Ciara - Thinkin Bout You (#24)
25. Panic! At The Disco - Dancing's Not A Crime (#35)
24. Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road (#19)
23. Billie Eilish - Bad Guy (#25)
22. BTS ft. Halsey - Boy With Luv (#32)
21. Dan + Shay - Speechless (#21)
20. Chainsmokers ft. Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling (#12) [7 Weeks at #1]
19. 5 Seconds of Summer - Easier (DEBUT)
18. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored (#27)
17. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes (#16) [8 Weeks at #1]
16. Sam Smith ft. Normani - Dancing With A Stranger (#15)
15. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly (#13)
14. Halsey - Nightmare (#14)
13. Marshmello ft. Bastille - Happier (#18) [2 Weeks at #1]
12. Lauv ft. Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired (#26)
11. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar (#7)
10. Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber - I Don't Care (#11)
9. Chainsmokers ft. 5 Seconds of Summer - Who Do You Love (#4)
8. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho (#6)
7. Marshmello ft. CHVRCHES - Here With Me (#10)
6. Halsey - Without Me (#2) [5 Weeks at #1]
5. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It (#5) [3 Weeks at #1]
4. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You (#8)
3. P!nk - Walk Me Home (#6)
2. Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie - ME! (#3)
1. What the f*ck do you think? (#1) [10th Week at #1]

Biggest DROP!!!... of the Week: Ellie Goulding x Diplo - Close to Me (-11)

Biggest Jump of the Week: Lauv ft. Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired (+14)

New Entrants

  • I am gonna go from lowest to highest starting now. This kicks us off with Power Is Power by SZA which is a great song; arguably the best off of the Game of Thrones soundtrack. I really like this song overall. The Weeknd starts the song with a pretty solid verse and then SZA's verse is great too. I think the production is nice too. Even Travis Scott has a good part in the song. I think what sold this song for me is the chorus. It's extremely catchy and infectious to a certain degree where it becomes really fun to sing along to. All thoughts considered, this is a really fun and great song that I can definitely see having success because hey, it's The Weeknd.
  • Next up is 5 Seconds of Summer's new single titled Easier. I really like the chorus in this one. I think that without it, this song would be more like a Billie Eilish song rather than 5 Seconds of Summer. I like the verses too. The vocals are alright but the production really sold it for me. It's really well done and timed. The only letdown here is that there isn't really a lot of band vibes in this song as 5 Seconds of Summer is a band. They did it really well in songs like Who Do You Love, Jet Black Heart, and Youngblood but it was executed rather poorly here. Overall, this is probably gonna become a success and I'm happy about that.
Entrant Ranking
1. SZA x The Weeknd x Travis Scott - Power Is Power
2. 5 Seconds of Summer - Easier

Best Entrant of the Week: SZA x The Weeknd x Travis Scott - Power Is Power

HitBound
Ryan Sampson hosted HitBound for Mikey Piff this weekend. Here is the HitBound list for this week:
  • Khalid - Talk
  • Katy Perry - Never Really Over (DEBUT)
  • Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other
  • Ed Sheeran ft. Chance The Rapper & PnB Rock - Cross Me (DEBUT)
  • Mabel - Don't Call Me Up
  • Jonas Brothers - Cool
  • Ava Max - So Am I
  • Andy Grammer - Don't Give Up On Me
  • Chainsmokers ft. Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine (DEBUT)
  • P!nk - Hustle
  • Bazzi - Paradise
  • Push Baby - Mama's House
  • In Real Life - Crazy AF
  • Martin Garrix ft. Macklemore & Patrick Stump - Summer Days
  • Kygo ft. Rita Ora - Carry On
HitBound Breakdown
0 - Crap
NONE

1 - Bad
15. Khalid - Talk

2 - Mediocre
14. Ava Max - So Am I
13. Katy Perry - Never Really Over
12. Andy Grammer - Don't Give Up On Me

3 - Decent
11. Jonas Brothers - Cool
10. Alec Benjamin - If We Have Each Other

4 - Good
9. Push Baby - Mama's House
8. Ed Sheeran ft. Chance The Rapper & PnB Rock - Cross Me

5 - Great
7. Kygo ft. Rita Ora - Carry On
6. Bazzi - Paradise
5. Chainsmokers ft. Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine
4. In Real Life - Crazy AF
3. P!nk - Hustle
2. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up

BONUS: 6 - Best Song on HitBound
1. Martin Garrix ft. Macklemore & Patrick Stump - Summer Days

Total: 57/75 (C-)

Top 5 HitBound Picks
1. Martin Garrix ft. Macklemore & Patrick Stump - Summer Days
2. Mabel - Don't Call Me Up
3. P!nk - Hustle
4. In Real Life - Crazy AF
5. Chainsmokers ft. Bebe Rexha - Call You Mine

'Cause Power Is Blurbs, Now Watch Me Burn It Down
  • Sucker is #1 AGAIN for the tenth week. This is ridiculous. It needs to get stopped by something like ME! or If I Can't Have You and make sure that this overplayed space filler gives away the fame it doesn't deserve. This is all about their reunification and I'm betting that Cool won't debut the countdown.
  • On the other hand, we have Walk Me Home at #3. I was really shocked when I heard about that and I'm also pleased to hear that P!nk is getting a real hit. What I find funny is that Walk Me Home is pretty much locked for the Hits 1 and Billboard Hot 100 Year-Ends of 2019 but has yet to debut the American Top 40. Just something I want to point out.
  • Let Me Down Slowly sucks now. His vocals are a lot more childish than I initially thought and the production feels so basic and dull in reality. I would be glad to see if this would start dropping out soon. This is also the right time to talk about High Hopes. This is getting very out of hand. We can all tell it's about to last a year because this week one year ago is when it debuted HitBound. Another thing is Tequila could make it. If I recall correctly, High Hopes and Tequila debuted on the same week so if they both last for maybe four weeks then congratulations, you lasted a year. I think Tequila is going to be off by then though.
  • However, I'm pleased about the drop from Close to Me. This is seriously some of the weirdest crap I've heard in years and I'd be glad to see it continue freefalling. Knowing Hits 1 though, it's gonna rebound in the next few weeks.
  • After peaking at #20, So Close bumped down to #30. I think that NOTD and Georgia Ku deserve more success in the world and to see that happen would be a pretty cool thing. But yeah, this is gonna be gone in the next few months because Hits 1 sucks.
  • Juice just sunk to #32. I like that this is something I wouldn't usually hear on the radio but honestly it just doesn't work for me and I would like to see this go soon. And it just started blowing up elsewhere?
  • Chlorine did a complete 180. I'm sick of it now and that "falsetto" is the most annoying and unusual thing in modern alt music. I would appreciate if we could get it out soon and not have it become a hit.
  • As far as our exits go, Low Key will most certainly not be missed. However, quick goodyes to Last Hurrah because I think it deserved way more success than it got. It seems that Bebe Rexha is the last thing everyone resorts to when they struggle and then it works well but when she makes music herself, it never becomes an actual hit. I'm A Mess was not an actual hit, just a sad excuse for a mediocre song. But Last Hurrah was a step up and it will certainly be missed.
Top 20 Breakdown
0 - Crap
20. Halsey - Without Me
19. Marshmello ft. Bastille - Happier

1 - Bad
18. Alec Benjamin - Let Me Down Slowly
17. Ed Sheeran ft. Justin Bieber - I Don't Care
16. Ariana Grande - Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored

2 - Mediocre
15. Jonas Brothers - Sucker
14. Halsey - Nightmare
13. Panic! At The Disco - High Hopes

3 - Decent
12. Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho

4 - Good
11. Lauv ft. Troye Sivan - I'm So Tired
10. P!nk - Walk Me Home

5 - Great
9. Chainsmokers ft. 5 Seconds of Summer - Who Do You Love
8. Imagine Dragons - Bad Liar
7. Sam Smith ft. Normani - Dancing With A Stranger
6. Marshmello ft. CHVRCHES - Here With Me
5. 5 Seconds of Summer - Easier
4. Chainsmokers ft. Kelsea Ballerini - This Feeling
3. Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie - ME!
2. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You

BONUS: 6 - Best Song on the Countdown
1. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It

Total: 66/100 (B-)

Most Missed Countdown Song: Mono Mind ft. Bridge & Mountain - Save Me A Place (any OGs remember this?)

#1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Ellie Goulding - Hollow Crown (or Sixteen, that works too)

Top 5 Countdown Picks
1. Panic! At The Disco - Hey Look Ma, I Made It
2. Shawn Mendes - If I Can't Have You
3. SZA x The Weeknd x Travis Scott - Power Is Power
4. Taylor Swift ft. Brendon Urie - ME!
5. Dan + Shay - Tequila (out of nowhere)

11 comments:

  1. "Sucker is #1 AGAIN for the tenth week. This is ridiculous. It needs to get stopped by something like ME! or If I Can't Have You and make sure that this overplayed space filler gives away the fame it doesn't deserve. This is all about their reunification and I'm betting that Cool won't debut the countdown."

    Agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "On the other hand, we have Walk Me Home at #3. I was really shocked when I heard about that and I'm also pleased to hear that P!nk is getting a real hit. What I find funny is that Walk Me Home is pretty much locked for the Hits 1 and Billboard Hot 100 Year-Ends of 2019 but has yet to debut the American Top 40. Just something I want to point out."

    Disagreed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Let Me Down Slowly sucks now. His vocals are a lot more childish than I initially thought and the production feels so basic and dull in reality. I would be glad to see if this would start dropping out soon. This is also the right time to talk about High Hopes. This is getting very out of hand. We can all tell it's about to last a year because this week one year ago is when it debuted HitBound. Another thing is Tequila could make it. If I recall correctly, High Hopes and Tequila debuted on the same week so if they both last for maybe four weeks then congratulations, you lasted a year. I think Tequila is going to be off by then though."

    Agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "However, I'm pleased about the drop from Close to Me. This is seriously some of the weirdest crap I've heard in years and I'd be glad to see it continue freefalling. Knowing Hits 1 though, it's gonna rebound in the next few weeks."

    I can agree with you on that one it is such an annoying song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "After peaking at #20, So Close bumped down to #30. I think that NOTD and Georgia Ku deserve more success in the world and to see that happen would be a pretty cool thing. But yeah, this is gonna be gone in the next few months because Hits 1 sucks."

    IMO no it should leave this week because Bea Miller's vocals sound like a crappy dinosaur.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Juice just sunk to #32. I like that this is something I wouldn't usually hear on the radio but honestly it just doesn't work for me and I would like to see this go soon. And it just started blowing up elsewhere?"

    IMO I still love that song. It has a catcy beat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Chlorine did a complete 180. I'm sick of it now and that "falsetto" is the most annoying and unusual thing in modern alt music. I would appreciate if we could get it out soon and not have it become a hit."

    Agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "As far as our exits go, Low Key will most certainly not be missed. However, quick goodyes to Last Hurrah because I think it deserved way more success than it got. It seems that Bebe Rexha is the last thing everyone resorts to when they struggle and then it works well but when she makes music herself, it never becomes an actual hit. I'm A Mess was not an actual hit, just a sad excuse for a mediocre song. But Last Hurrah was a step up and it will certainly be missed."

    Agreed with you on Low Key, but disagreed with you on Last Hurrah. They both suck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I am gonna go from lowest to highest starting now. This kicks us off with Power Is Power by SZA which is a great song; arguably the best off of the Game of Thrones soundtrack. I really like this song overall. The Weeknd starts the song with a pretty solid verse and then SZA's verse is great too. I think the production is nice too. Even Travis Scott has a good part in the song. I think what sold this song for me is the chorus. It's extremely catchy and infectious to a certain degree where it becomes really fun to sing along to. All thoughts considered, this is a really fun and great song that I can definitely see having success because hey, it's The Weeknd."

    IMO no Power is Power is not the best song at all and it is also super hell. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Next up is 5 Seconds of Summer's new single titled Easier. I really like the chorus in this one. I think that without it, this song would be more like a Billie Eilish song rather than 5 Seconds of Summer. I like the verses too. The vocals are alright but the production really sold it for me. It's really well done and timed. The only letdown here is that there isn't really a lot of band vibes in this song as 5 Seconds of Summer is a band. They did it really well in songs like Who Do You Love, Jet Black Heart, and Youngblood but it was executed rather poorly here. Overall, this is probably gonna become a success and I'm happy about that."

    Agreed.

    ReplyDelete